This weeks recipe of the week is Leek, Potato and Onion Soup. It doesn’t look much but boy does it pack a punch. The leeks give it a lovely nippy taste and the potatoes give it a really creamy texture.
I make a big pot of this at the weekend and have it for lunch with crusty bread and a crunchy salad with greens, grated carrots, pine nuts and avocado with a lemon and ginger dressing with maple syrup. I also freeze some so I can reheat it during the week to take it to work in a thermos. It’s perfect for warming you up on these cold wintry days.
- 1 Onion (Chopped)
- 6 Large Leeks (Halved length ways, cleaned and then sliced)
- 2 Large potatoes (Peeled and chopped)
- 2 pints Marigold Vegan Bouillion
- Add water to your large soup pot and put your chopped onion, leeks and potato into the pot. Grind fresh black pepper into the pot and stir all the ingredients together. Put a lid on the pot and them sweat the vegetables under a low heat for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes stir the ingredients again and then add your vegetable stock. Cook for a further 15-20 minutes until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Remove the pot from the heat and then blend the soup until smooth. The soup should be quite thick but if you'd prefer it a bit thinner just add some more stock and mix it through. Return the pot to the heat and warm the soup through.
- Ladle the soup into warm soup bowls and serve with crusty bread and a big crunchy salad or serve as a starter for your evening meal.
Sign-up today to receive our newsletter straight to your inbox every week.
We value your privacy and would never spam you
Up above, I shared with you my recipe for Leek, Potato and Onion soup. If you found this post helpful, please take a moment to SHARE this post with people you think will find it valuable. You can use the buttons to share this post with your social networks. Hopefully you will and so I’ll give you a big THANK YOU in anticipation.
But, I also want to finish off with a question that I’d like you to answer…
What do you think? Did you make it and enjoy it? Did you change it? Let me know what you think below.