This weeks recipe of the week is Carrot Soup with Ginger or Orange or Coriander. I made it when I had friends round for dinner and it was just perfect. You can add a complimentary flavour to the soup so it can become carrot soup with ginger or orange or coriander. Or, leave it as it is to get a pure burst of carrot!
- 2 onions chopped
- 700 g carrots chopped
- 1.1 litre bouillon
- 1 inch ginger finely grated
- 1 whole range finely grate the rind and squeeze the juice
- Add the chopped onions and carrots to a big soup pot with 3cm/2inches of water. Soften under a low heat. This will take about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil and then turn the heat down and simmer for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are fully cooked.
- Remove from the heat and puree using a blender or a stick blender.
- Choose the flavour you'd like to add to your soup - ginger, orange of coriander. Then add that to the pureed soup and gently reheat.
- Ladle into warm bowls and serve with crusty brown bread and a green salad with pomegranates and toasted hazelnuts.