Posted by https://carolinesplantbaseddiet.com/carrot-lentil-celery-curry/
© 2014 Caroline's Plant Based Diet. All rights reserved.
Carrot, Lentil and Celery Curry
- 1 Onion (Finely chopped)
- 2 Carrots (Chopped)
- 2 Celery sticks (Chopped)
- 1 Can of tomatoes
- 3 Garlic cloves (Chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons Curry powder of your choice
- Fresh lemon juice
- 200g Red lentils
- Half to 3/4 pintMarigold Vegan Bouillon
- Enough for fourBrown rice cooked as per the packet instructions
- Put the chopped onions, garlic and carrots into a pot with 2 cm of water. Gently sauté over a medium heat for 5-7 minutes. Add more water if it dries out.
- Add the lentils, chopped tomatoes, celery, tomato puree and curry powder to the pot and stir together. Add at least half a pint of stock, stir again then cover and simmer gently for 20 minutes checking regularly incase it catches on. Cook it for a bit longer if the lentils haven't softened. If it dries out too quickly just add more stock.
- Spoon into warm bowls and then squeeze the lemon juice over the curry.
Loading nutrition data...