A Very Tasty Plant-Based Broccoli and Chestnut Soup came about when I went to my local supermarket and they had reduced lots of heads of broccoli down to just a few pennies/cents. Too good a bargain to miss, I bought three heads of broccoli and a packet of ready cooked chestnuts to whizz up this wonderfully straightforward and warming autumn soup.
Packed with fibre, and off course the power of the cruciferous veg that is broccoli, it packs a powerhouse of nutrients in every mouthful. Serve into warm soup bowls and have for lunch with a big green salad and whole grain garlic bread (no butter version), or as a starter when you’ve got friends round for dinner.
Go on, give it a try! You might be surprised even if you don’t usually like broccoli!
Plant-Based Broccoli & Chestnut Soup
- Sharp paring knives
- Wooden spoon
- Hand blender
- 3 heads of broccoli broken into equal sized florets approximately 1kg or 35oz (You can off course use frozen if you prefer.)
- 180 g whole cooked, peeled and ready to use chestnuts
- 3 sticks celery washed and chopped
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- Add a couple of inches, 3 cm of cold water to a large pot.
- Add all the ingredients except the stock. Cover over a low heat for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add the stock, stir and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and blend with a hand stick blender or pour into a counter top blender. The soup will be very hot so watch how you pour.
- Once you've blended the soup it's read to serve in warm soup bowls.
Remember to leave me a message below if you’ve made ‘A Very Tasty Plant-Based Broccoli and Chestnut Soup’ and let me know how you got on with it.
Are You Ready To Lose Weight The Plant-Based Way? or Perhaps you just want to Switch to a Whole Food, Plant-Based Diet? Here’s some help for you…
Have you checked out my new Plant-Based Weight Course? Designed to teach you step by step how to lose weight by following a whole food, plant-based diet each module will empower you with the knowledge that will inspire and motivate you to lose weight and keep it off permanently. Check it out now!
If you want to switch to following a whole food, plant-based diet but aren’t interested in losing weight, then my new 23 Day Plant-Based Switch Course is for you. Designed to take you by the hand and lead you step by step over 23 days to switch from your usual diet to following a whole food, plant based diet it’ll give you all the information you need!