I love avocados, but I don’t eat too many of them as they’re one of the few fatty plant foods out there including nuts, seeds, coconut, olives, and some soy products. I tend to use all of these plant-based foods as additions to, rather than making them the star of my meals. They’re great at adding a bit of zing and flavour to curries, chillies, pastas, salads and dhals.
If you’ve heard that you need to eat a little fat with your plant-based foods to increase the absorption of nutrients, then you might find this article from Dr McDougall interesting. Just scroll down to the very end of it.
From my point of view, I like avocados and eat them once a week in a variety of ways, so this week I thought I’d share with you my 5 Exciting Ways With Plant-Based Guacamole.
But first of all, here’s my recipe for a simple and delicious plant-based guacamole.
- 1 avocado (peeled)
- 1 juice of a fresh lime
- 4 ripe tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 1 fresh red chilli (finely chopped)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 red onion (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed, then finely chopped)
- Small bunch fresh coriander/cilantro (finely chopped)
- Put the peeled avocado in a bowl and mash to your desired consistency with a fork.
- Immediately add all the other ingredients and mix.
- Serve straight away.
My 5 Exciting Ways With Plant-Based Guacamole
- As a classic dip served with carrot and cucumber batons, sliced green red and yellow peppers, cauliflower and broccoli florets. If you’re looking for a great mid-morning or afternoon snack, then this could be it.
- I sometimes use my plant-based guacamole as a spread on my sandwiches or wholemeal rolls. It tastes great with sliced cucumbers, grated carrot, sprouted seeds and a few salad leaves such as watercress, rocket/arugula and torn baby spinach leaves. Just remember to serve and eat it straight away before the avocado turns a not so lovely brownish/black colour.
- Try adding it as a topping to your veggie chilli or black bean chilli it tastes delicious. Or as a topping for your plant-based kidney bean chilli soup.
- As an ingredient for a salad such as this avocado and walnut salad. I have the salad with some soup for lunch with some wholemeal bread. It tastes yummy with a drizzle of honey mustard dressing.
- As a topping with my plant-based rosemary and nut burgers or my plant-based adzuki bean burgers with sweet potato chips
I’d love to hear how you eat your avocados, leave me a message in the comments section below.
p.s. Remember to share my post with your friends and family by using the buttons on the top left of the page. Thank you!
Looking to take the hassle out of planning your plant-based meals? Buy my 7 day whole food, plant-based meal plan and I tell you what to eat every day of the week including the exact snacks you can have each day.
You can find out more by clicking here.
[optin_box style=”2″ alignment=”center” email_field=”email” email_default=”Enter your email address” integration_type=”aweber” double_optin=”Y” thank_you_page=”https://carolinesplantbaseddiet.com/youve-subscribed-to-our-newsletter/” list=”3048614″ name_field=”name” name_default=”Enter your first name” name_order=”1″ name_required=”Y”][optin_box_field name=”headline”]Join Our Community[/optin_box_field][optin_box_field name=”paragraph”]PHA+U2lnbi11cCB0b2RheSBmb3IgZnJlZSBhbmQgYmUgdGhlIGZpcnN0IHRvIGZpbmQgb3V0IHdoZW4gdGhlcmUncyBuZXcgdXBkYXRlcy48L3A+Cg==[/optin_box_field][optin_box_field name=”privacy”][/optin_box_field][optin_box_field name=”top_color”]undefined[/optin_box_field][optin_box_button type=”1″ text=”Subscribe Now!” text_size=”20″ text_color=”#000000″ text_bold=”Y” text_letter_spacing=”0″ text_shadow_panel=”Y” text_shadow_vertical=”1″ text_shadow_horizontal=”0″ text_shadow_color=”#ffff00″ text_shadow_blur=”0″ styling_width=”40″ styling_height=”26″ styling_border_color=”#ebd23d” styling_border_size=”1″ styling_border_radius=”6″ styling_border_opacity=”100″ styling_shine=”Y” styling_gradient_start_color=”#ffff00″ styling_gradient_end_color=”#ffff00″ drop_shadow_panel=”Y” drop_shadow_vertical=”1″ drop_shadow_horizontal=”0″ drop_shadow_blur=”1″ drop_shadow_spread=”0″ drop_shadow_color=”#000000″ drop_shadow_opacity=”50″ inset_shadow_panel=”Y” inset_shadow_vertical=”0″ inset_shadow_horizontal=”0″ inset_shadow_blur=”0″ inset_shadow_spread=”1″ inset_shadow_color=”#ffff00″ inset_shadow_opacity=”50″ location=”optin_box_style_2″ button_below=”Y”]Subscribe Now![/optin_box_button] [/optin_box]